A consortium to assist biomarkers reach their full potential
Biomarker commercialization (BiC)
Biomarkers are potential prognostic, diagnostic, and treatment indicators. Despite their increasing potential for precision medicine, their development into commercial products is very challenging. The purpose of a new Baltic Sea Region (BSR) consortium is to create tools for supporting and overcoming the challenges of biomarker commercialization.
The objectives of BIC consortium are to create:
- a biomarker development tool for researchers
- a screening and selection guide for TTOs
- a framework for technology translation into clinical setting
- new business model templates
- a biomarker platform with access to the tools and technology presentations for match making
The project’s budget is EUR 2.55 million and is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme with EUR 1.96 million.